Wednesday, April 9, 2014

What I Ate Wednesday

Hey everyone! It's been a while since I did a What I Ate Wednesday post so over the past week I made the conscious effort to photograph as much as possible. I didn't get a ton of pics but definitely enough to give you an idea of what I've been eating :)


I know it seems silly to take a picture of water but I've been focusing on hydration over the past couple of weeks. I drink a couple of these large mason jars filled with water every day. I love my glass straw :)


As the weather has been warming up I've been enjoying some smoothies lately as well. I got this one from Fairway (the store with the awesome pickle barrels and huge olive collection that I discussed here) while I was out and I'm typically a little weary of this since a lot of places tend to use syrupy fruit. This place had everything laid out for me to see and it was all fresh fruit and greens. This one is mango, pineapple, strawberry and spinach (passed on the agave she was going to add). Fresh produce blended with ice, you definitely can't beat it. 


I've busted out the juicer as well. This super green concoction contains one large cucumber, some romaine leaves, a few handfuls of spinach, some green apple and the juice of one whole lemon. It was really good! And I love the immediate boost of energy I get when I drink it. Oh and the cup is an adorable plastic-y (BPA free) mason jar type container that my mom got me. So cute!


I made myself a large fruit salad with several oranges, apples and some strawberries. Munched on this over the course of 3 days. It was so good and having it prepared and ready to go really helped my laziness ;)


This is a very thick bowl of Mayim Bialik's Tomato Soup with Israeli Couscous! Her pictures look way better than mine but oh well ;) This is a very delicious soup out of her cookbook Mayim's Vegan Table. The book is a really great collection of simple vegan recipes for family friendly meals. I love that she includes veganized versions of popular Jewish recipes too! I was pretty excited about that since there are some recipes from my childhood that I do miss and now I can make them again!

If you are interested in the recipe for this soup PETA actually has it posted here! Try it, it's delicious!


I had to make this last picture even larger so you can see the gloriousness of it. Last Saturday I went out for dinner at Wild Fig with my oldest (we've been friends for 15 years!) and dearest friends and her awesome husband. They live in Massachusetts so I don't get to see them often and when I do get to see them I am so happy. We went for Mediterranean food and had the most delicious meal with lovely company. For appetizers we ordered hummus and stuffed grape leaves. These were served with the most delicious, warm, fresh flatbread. Their hummus is by far my favorite of any hummus I've ever had. I wish I could bring home a gallon of it. On the bottom of the picture was my red lentil soup and it was amazing as well. Such a perfect meal and I was STUFFED when we left. It was such a good night :) I'm planning on going to visit them sometime in the spring as well and I can't wait! Oh and sorry about the horrible pictures, I took them with my phone in horrible lighting.

So this is some of what I've been eating! I'm going to try my best to continue to photograph what I can of my meals :) See you tomorrow with a Throwback Thursday Recipe!

6 comments:

  1. How come you chose not to show where you bought the Mango/Pineapple Smooth? Or where you had the Hummus? Just curious.

    I am a huge 'Big Bang Theory' fan and thought about supporting Mayim by buying her cookbook, but haven't so far.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was just an oversight. I had a really bad day yesterday and am still recovering lol so my head isn't all there. I added the links to the places. The smoothie is from Fairway! I think I was also focused on getting that link to the cookbook.

    The cookbook is cute. It has simple recipes that are really good. If you are in the market for a new cookbook I definitely recommend it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dang. I just realized I couldn't type out the entire word 'Smoothie'. That's pathetic. Thanks for the response.

      Delete
  3. Oooh, lots of beautiful produce lately! I've trying to be as on point as you are - we've come to the last seven weeks of school, and this is when I usually let myself slip into a lazy pattern, and not enough fruit and veggies! Seeing the green juice really makes me want to have a juicer, and that mug is super cute.

    I'll be following Mayim's soup link the moment I finish this comment - it sounds so good!

    I remember when you visited your friends in MA (was it last year?), I'm so glad they were able to come visit!! Dinner looks delicious as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ingrid! I've been trying really hard to get the produce in recently because I haven't been feeling well at all. The juice was so good! I just hate that the whole process takes SO LONG.

      The soup was delicious, I definitely recommend it!

      You are probably thinking of when they came here and we had the picnic on the rocks by the beach? And the dinner party. I haven't been there yet, sadly. But that will hopefully change soon! Thanks, the dinner was SO GOOD. Love that place! They made good salads too.

      Delete
    2. Ah, yes! That must be what I was remembering! At least I sent you to MA in my head. ;)

      Delete