Sunday, April 6, 2014

Show & Tell Sunday: The Pinterest Edition!

Hey everyone! Sorry I've been MIA this week. Truthfully I've just been really uncomfortable due to the allergy patch testing I had to do. I've definitely got some allergies going on and because I was showing evidence of a delayed reaction on Friday I have to go back again tomorrow. That will be my fourth visit to the allergist in 8 days. Oy. I will give you the full results tomorrow after I go in. I'm ready for this to be over so I can take care of the horrible itchiness I'm dealing with.

So for today's Show & Tell Sunday post I'm going to take a break from the reviews and show you some of the things I've been pinning on Pinterest lately. I've gotten back into the Pinterest groove and am really excited about some of the things I found and can't wait to try them! Let's check out some of the pins!


How cute are these DIY Scrabble Coasters?! I love that you can customize them and it's really creative and adorable. I have to figure out where to get the scrabble pieces so I can make these because they are just too cute.


I am so excited to try this Easy Vegetable Chowder. Assuming I'm not allergic to corn (which I'm testing tomorrow) I will definitely be looking forward to trying this recipe with fresh, sweet corn. Yum!


I DEFINITELY want to make this gorgeous Roasted Vegetable Orzo Salad. I will probably make it with quinoa or Israeli couscous but it is such a beautiful, easy meal. Pair with with a fresh green salad and it's a perfect spring meal.


Raw Carrot Pecan Milk?!?! Say what?! This sounds absolutely incredible and I definitely want to try this gorgeous recipe from Deliciously Holistic: Healing Foods Recipes and Lifestyle Tips to Help Increase Your Energy and Immunity by Shelley Alexander. I don't have the book yet but found the recipe posted and it made me really want to get the book. There is no Kindle version yet but hopefully they will make it available soon! 


This is one I've been most curious about. I've heard of making your own lipstick out of two ingredients: Crayons and Coconut Oil. I'm weary about the idea of using crayons on my lips but every single video and article I've watched/read about this says that it is a completely non-toxic, safe way to make and wear lipstick. Crayons are non-toxic, are made of paraffin (which is what is in lipstick anyway I guess?) and food grade coloring... which makes sense as they are for children and children LOVE eating crayons. I love the idea of making my own chemical free lipstick and personalizing and experimenting with colors. I guess I'll be thinking about it a little more and who knows, maybe I'll end up doing it and I'll post what I come up with!


I love Lululemon workout gear but it is so damn expensive. Kiava makes really cute workout clothes at a more reasonable price... it's still pricey but it's more reasonable than Lululemon. I'd love to try out some gear eventually :)


I can't wait to try this gorgeous Roasted Garlic and Tomato Soup! The coolest part? It's thickened with Chickpeas! I feel like that is kind of genius. Again, once I make sure I'm not allergic to tomatoes I'm going to make this beautiful soup.

And on the sweet side...


If you are a sucker for the Samoa Girl Scout Cookie flavor combo of chocolate, caramel and toasted coconut this sweet treat is right up your alley. These are Paleo Samoa Miracle Tarts and they look incredible. These are vegan, gluten free and refined sugar free. Definitely can't wait to make these.


Finally, these are Coconut Lime Frosty Cups! I love tropical flavors and lime is a favorite of mine. Lime combined with coconut is a lovely, light, bright flavor combination perfect for a summer treat. These chilled treats will be really beautiful and refreshing dessert or snack on a hot summer day. Definitely will keep these in mind for BBQs and picnics :)

So that's all I have for you today! I hope you liked my Pinterest roundup and I will definitely post as I try all of these recipes and projects out. What have you guys been liking on Pinterest?

I hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend! I should have more posts up next week since I will hopefully be more comfortable and less itchy ;) Have a great Sunday!







6 comments:

  1. Unfortunately, I'm not on Pinterest. I am old-fashioned and just try to remember what cool recipes I've seen online, but I guess that hasn't worked out so well for me. The two desserts look fantastic. Can't wait to hear what you're allergic to. You had better tell us all right after you find out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't even remember half of the things I pin and have to go back and look through everything again. I'm a Virgo and love organization and lists so Pinterest is right up my alley ;) I especially love reorganizing my organized boards, ha! I know, they look so amazing! I really can't wait to try the coconut lime frosty cups!

      I'm typing up my post right now ;)

      Delete
  2. Nice Pinterest finds! You can get used board games at Goodwill and thrift stores, so you can probably find an old Scrabble game there. I'm sure you can buy the pieces separately too on eBay or even on the game maker's website. Those coasters would be awesome for a casual game night with friends.

    Sorry you're practically living at your allergist's office now. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sage! That is such a great idea, I'll have to see if I can find the pieces either at a thrift shop or even online! You are right, it would be so cute for game night or even to include as part of a gift for a wine or coffee lover!

      Thanks but it's all good. The adventure is finally over :)

      Delete
  3. That crayon lipstick situation is BLOWING MY MIND! I wanna try that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I know!!! I decided between yesterday and today that I definitely want to try it! I already got little jars to hold them in too ;)

      Delete