Sunday, April 13, 2014

Show & Tell Sunday: Earnest Eats Hot & Fit Cereal

Hey everyone! I'm back for a Show & Tell Sunday post. Today I have a review on a product that I bought a while back called Earnest Eats Hot & Fit Cereal. The cute little individual serving cups caught my eye in Whole Foods so I stopped to check them out. I don't even typically go down the cereal aisle since I rarely eat cereal but I'm glad I passed by! They had the individual serving cups which are fantastic for a meal on the go. And I love that they actually have a lid on them rather than just a peel back top for easy transport. They come in three different flavors: American Blend (cranberry and almond), Mayan Blend (cocoa, pepita and cashew) and Asian Blend (mango and green tea). I purchased one each of the American Blend and the Mayan Blend. Today's review is of the Mayan Blend flavor.



This is the sturdy lid I was talking about. It boasts a vegan label along with the nutritious grain blend that makes up the cereal. It's hard to pass up a hot cereal that has ingredients like these!


Here is the front of the container. It's a really cute container and I'm sure you can see why it caught my eye.

It works like an instant oatmeal. You fill the container with boiling water up to the fill line on the outside of the container (my only complaint: I wish the fill line was inside so it is easier to line up), stir and wait until it thickens up. If you are like me you'll use almond milk instead of water for a delicious, rich flavor ;) It almost tasted like hot cocoa with grains in it!


Here is my final bowl! I topped mine with banana and shredded coconut because why not? The cereal took a few minutes to thicken but ended up being really creamy and warming. The chocolate flavor is so rich and there is a really nice nutty flavor from the grains, the seeds and the cashews. It's such a nice alternative to plain oatmeal. This is a very hearty meal (especially with the toppings) and would be perfect for a cozy breakfast on a brisk morning.


Here is a closer look. Sorry my pictures are so terrible, I took them with my phone and this new tablecloth is driving me crazy. Anyway, I really enjoyed this meal and this product and I'm looking forward to trying the American Blend. I definitely recommend trying this cereal if you enjoy hot cereal and are interested in branching out.

Earnest Eats has other products as well that I have tried including energy bars and granola bars/planks. I used to enjoy bringing them with me when I worked weddings because they were really delicious and packed a nutritional punch in a compact serving. They are perfect snacks to bring with you on the go.

As with all of my reviews, the opinions in this post are my own and solely based on how I felt about the product. I purchased the products myself and I have never had contact with the company. 

So there you have it! Tomorrow I'll be celebrating the first night of Passover so I'll have to hold off on trying the other blend until the week after. I hope you have all had a good week and are enjoying the beautiful weekend. I'll see you tomorrow with some Instagram pictures!



6 comments:

  1. That cereal looks like it would be good for me to bring into work. I'll have to peruse the WFs cereal aisle down here. Although, you NYers usually get better stuff than we do down here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is definitely a great breakfast to bring to work! Let me know if you can't find it, I can pick some up and send it to you :)

      Delete
  2. The blend of ingredients sounds so delicious! I purposely purchased shredded coconut with the intent of jazzing up my oats a la Sarah! It's like a healthy & dessert like breakfast. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is so delicious! The banana and coconut were the perfect additions too. Oooh I can't wait to see your jazzy oats ;)

      Delete
  3. I totally would have picked up that flavor too. Sounds really great + I like yr additions, especially the coconut. Bet it was really filling. I'm already thinking about breakfast tomorrow and what I can throw on top of my oatmeal. Wish I had some pepitas!
    Happy Passover!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can go wrong with cocoa anything in my book! This flavor is really tasty, I'm so glad I found it. Coconut makes any hot cereal even better. I love it. It was definitely filling! I couldn't eat the whole thing.
      Thanks!

      Delete