Saturday, January 9, 2016

Stuff I Ate

Hey guys! Well, this post is a few days late but it's here! I'm trying to get back into the hang of taking pictures of my meals and haven't been doing a great job but I have a few pictures to share with you. I've also been doing better with my sleep this week but I've been oversleeping a little and therefore rushed in the morning… also making it difficult to take pics. But, I managed to get a few so here they are!


This is a Caramel Apple Overnight Oatmeal Smoothie from Running With Spoons that I had for breakfast one day (I found it on Pinterest)! The flavor was DELICIOUS but the texture was a little off for me. It wasn't super smooth, even after adding more almond milk but I LOVE the flavor so I'm probably going to turn this into a hot oatmeal and eat that for breakfast. YUM!! Oh and the only change I made was to switch the chia seeds out for ground flax seeds.


This is a chopped salad that I purchased when I was out running errands on Thursday night. I got it from Fairway and it wasn't chopped as fine as I like it but it was good nonetheless. It is romaine, carrots, cucumber, chickpeas, sun dried tomatoes and asparagus. I topped it with a red wine vinaigrette. 


This was leftover takeout that I had gotten. It is steamed tofu with broccoli and I topped it with a few spoonfuls of a spicy garlic sauce. Very yummy.


Finally, this is a terrible pic but I've been eating lots of oatmeal lately. It is definitely my favorite winter breakfast and this is my favorite way to eat it. It has cinnamon, a little stevia and banana. I'll probably add some ground flax seeds in the future because they are so good for you and has a nice nutty taste. Yum.

So that is some of what I ate this week! Hopefully each week I'll get a little better at taking pictures of what I ate and you'll have a more well rounded idea of some of my meals. 

I've been trying to figure out a good posting schedule and my favorite schedule that I've come up with so far would be the following:

Monday: Plan With Me - I'll show my new (empty) spread for the upcoming week so you can get an idea of the rough outline and also show how I designed it. I'll also show the finished spread from the previous week to show how it filled up. Is this something that you are interested in? 

Wednesday: What I Ate Wednesday - Either show a full day of eating from the day before or a collection of meals over a few days (whatever I can get pics of) to get back into the habit of doing food posts.

Friday: Fun Friday - Bring back that Fun Friday post I did on my previous blog! I loved these posts and I could do things like weekly favorites, my favorite pins from the week and other things like that.

Does this sound like a good schedule to you and are these posts that you would want to read? Let me know in the comments below :)

Hope you all have a great weekend!

4 comments:

  1. The chopped salad, leftovers, and oatmeal all look like things I love - and now I need to check out the smoothie! I think your posting schedule sounds perfect! I loved the Fun Friday, as you always had ideas and items I hadn't tried!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everything was great, you definitely would have loved it! The smoothie was yummy but I definitely think it would be better as oatmeal.

      Thanks! I loved the Fun Friday posts, I'm excited to get back on a posting schedule!

      Delete
  2. OMG! the pictures are so beautiful! I wish I could take pics like that Salad one. As usual, whatever you post is of interest to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I took them all with my phone, go figure. The salad was just as good as it looked :)

      Delete