Friday, January 15, 2016

Fun Friday! Weekly Favorites

Hey you guys! I hope you are doing well! I'm here for my first Fun Friday post and I have some weekly favorites to share with you! I know I didn't get my WIAW up but I did have good reason for that… mainly because I was totally off on my eating this week. Meaning that I didn't eat a whole ton and what I ate wasn't interesting. I had really horrible back spasms for three days straight that left me in a lot of pain and with no appetite so I just knew it wasn't going to happen. But I'm here and I have a few things to share with you!


My first favorite shouldn't be a surprise since I raved about it earlier in the week. I was inspired by Bianca's posts to purchase The Abundance Diet by Somer McCowan. I tried a few of the recipes including the Homestyle Mexican Casserole and Cheesy Cauliflower and Potato bake and both are AMAZING. I also made the Tahini salad dressing and it is also delicious. I read the book cover to cover and I really enjoyed it and the recipes are hearty and delicious. I really really recommend this book to anyone that is looking for some new recipes to try. I have most of the recipes I made in the freezer because I didn't want it to go to waste when my appetite is low so I'll let you know how it freezes!


I know I've mentioned that I am a big fan of listening to podcasts so I like to bring some recommendations here when I find something I like. I am obsessed with Serial but found out this week that they are changing to bi weekly releases (waaaaaaah!) so I thought I'd talk about The Generation Why Podcast. A little known fact about me is I'm fascinated by true crime even though it scares the hell out of me. It's probably sparked some irrational fears and exacerbated a little door/lock OCD thing I have (nothing intense) but for some reason I can't get enough of it! Anyway, I found this podcast a while ago and I've really been enjoying it. I really like the way that they present the information and discuss the facts and how they weigh in at the end. Some of the cases are really fascinating, some are disturbing and some are straight up terrifying. If you like true crime I recommend this podcast, I think you'll like it. 


In the winter I especially enjoy being lazy and watching movies all day. In fact, I have planned a movie and tv binge day for this Sunday because I'm tired and still in a bit of pain so I'm excited to just do nothing all day. I also don't really watch TV at all during the week so one day a week when I can isn't too bad ;) Anyway, I recently watched the movie Bad Words on demand and it was so funny! Totally inappropriate but hilarious and I am a big fan of Jason Bateman so it was a win win all around. I definitely recommend this movie.


I know a lot of people are all about the Target Dollar Spot... and trust me I'm into it too. I feel like the Michael's bargain section doesn't get enough love though! I found these beautiful note cards and journals in the Michael's bargain section for $1.50 a piece! They always have super cute note cards and note pads and journals and things like that and they are always really affordable. I like to stock up on them to add into gifts and I always like to keep a stash for myself :) I love having lots of note cards to choose from when I'm sending a package or writing someone a note.  These are obviously a beauty theme and I'm a sucker for a good beauty theme plus tasteful amounts of glitter.

So there you have it! I know the list is short but I didn't have a lot going on lately. I did just book another trip to Florida for the beginning of March and I'm so excited about it!! We are hoping to do a few new things this time around so it'll be really fun :) Also something to look forward to when it's freezing outside!

That's all for today! I hope you have a great weekend!




7 comments:

  1. I need to check out that book. I've been reading Bianca's posts about it, and the food looks amazing! I;m so glad you mentioned Bad Words. I watched it last winter and it totally made me almost roll off my bed with laughter. I do the same thing in the winter, I plan at least one movie/netflix kind of day. It keeps me sane.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The book is really great, definitely worth checking out! I LOVED the movie, I couldn't stop laughing! Jason Bateman is amazing. Lazy days are my favorite :)

      I hope that you are doing well! You have been in my thoughts.

      Delete
  2. All really great favorites! I keep meaning to listen to podcasts, but never seem to follow through! I am reading quite a bit right now, so I guess it's the same thing - right?! Ha ha!

    I need to check out the specials at Michael's! Great idea!
    Winter is all about hibernating! I've been home a lot this month, and loving being able to cuddle up with Remy and some trashy tv or series! I finished Vikings before my break was over, and am now watching the final season (on PBS) of Downton Abbey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I LOVE podcasts, we actually listen to them at work when clients aren't around and it really makes the time go quickly. Reading is definitely just as good if not better :)

      Michael's is the best. I'm there almost every week which probably isn't the best idea but I can't help it! I'm sure Remy is appreciating the cuddles as well. I hope you are enjoying Downton Abbey! Prospectors is back and I've been enjoying it every week :)

      Delete
  3. Why no pics of the casserole and salad you made? I enjoyed 'Bad Words' too. Have you watched 'Making a Murderer' yet? It will make ten hours fly by pretty fast. I hope your spasms stop. Just the word 'spasm' is unpleasant. More time in Florida=fewer spasms.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Truthfully I just had a really bad week last week and it took a lot for me to just cobble together the posts that I did. I'll explain more in today's post.

      I haven't seen it yet but I've heard it is amazing! I'll have to check it out.

      The spasms are pretty awful, I'm not going to lie.

      Delete
    2. I now get how difficult it is to cobble together a post. Never realized before.

      Delete