Saturday, June 18, 2016

Summer Craft Projects!

Hey you guys! I know, long time no post, I'm so sorry! This week has been crazy with all of the sadness in the beginning and then I came down with a sinus infection in the middle of the week. I am on antibiotics and between being sick and being on these meds my appetite has been wiped out so I haven't had much food to post. I did want to come in and do a post though so I decided to share my two summer craft projects that I'm looking to get into!

Ever since I started planning and making my jewelry my desire to create and craft has been really intense. I've been looking for some fun projects to do that are within my capability and being sick I had some time to binge watch some YouTube videos and I'm so excited because I found some projects that I'm so excited about! The first one is something called a Pocket Letter and the other is a Flipbook!


The first project that I found and that I am SO EXCITED about is called a pocket letter. You can read more about it by clicking the link above (just click where it says Pocket Letter) but a quick explanation is that you take a baseball card sleeve that has nine pockets. You decorate nine cards and you slide one into each sleeve. Each of those decorative cards hides a small treat or gift that you slide in behind the card. I love this idea because you can be really creative in decorating the cards and you get to include little goodies for the recipient! You also include a letter in one of the pockets. It was created with the idea of pen pals in mind so you would swap pocket letters with a pen pal. I would love to do swaps down the road but I think this is the cutest way to give a gift or tell someone that you are thinking about them. The goodies are small tokens typically but I really love how thoughtful the whole thing is. You can exercise your creativity by using a color theme or some other theme for your pocket letter like the one above (by Creawitch). I'm so excited to try this and who knows, maybe one of you will win a pocket letter in an upcoming giveaway ;)

I am having a hard time finding a good picture of a flip book but if you click here you can check out the video I watched that got me into the idea of making a flip book! A flip book is essentially a small DIY scrapbook that you can decorate for any occasion or to capture the memories of a specific event, holiday, vacation, etc. They also really allow you to explore your creativity and I think they are really wonderful gifts to make. It's hard for me to explain but check out Paige's video above. She is amazing and really talented, she owns one of my favorite sticker shops and as soon as I saw this video I knew I had to give it a try!

Are you guys crafty at all? Do you enjoy craft projects? If so what kind of craft projects are you looking to get into this summer? Let me know below!

I hope you are all enjoying your weekend so far <3 I hope to be back soon with some meals!

6 comments:

  1. These projects sound so cool!! I've been meaning to get a few items to paint, but haven't done it yet. I am making a scrapbook or memory book or something of the sort for my mother's birthday next month. I've secretly sent letters to family and friends, asking the, to write a memory or something they love about her. I will compile these into a book...we'll see how it goes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm so excited to try them!! Crafting is so fun, I really need to start making time for it. The scrapbook sounds amazing, I love the idea of including the memories!! That is so cute, I'm sure she is going to love it!

      Delete
  2. I love the card! I love, love LOVE that idea! I am a crafter more in my head. I enjoy doing crafts though, I guess sometimes I get intimidated. When I see people showing how to do things, sometimes their perfection makes me feel very intimidated.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it the cutest?! I love it and I really can't wait to give it a try!! I get really intimidated when I watch tutorials and things like that because I always get jealous of people that have amazing ideas. I think we just need to remember that they have way more experience than we do and also that they can probably pick out a million things that they don't like about it. We are our own worst critic and the most important part is that you just enjoy doing it!

      Delete
  3. I did see a good number of people with tables of their handcrafted jewelry and art on display when I was walking around Munich. Of course I didnt see any tents nearby that might potentially destroy their art. Still, they share your passion. It is wonderful to have that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love going to craft fairs and markets. Other people's talent and creativity are so inspiring to me.

      Delete