Monday, June 20, 2016

Another Monday Haul

Hey everyone! I hope that you all enjoyed your weekend. I'm not going to lie, I'm really glad that last week is over. It was a really tough week between the horrible events that occurred in Orlando (three majorly publicized events and who knows how many more), the disaster of a street fair experience and getting sick with a sinus infection. Luckily this week is shaping up to be a better week. I've finished my antibiotics and am feeling better, I am fur baby sitting for the weekend and I decided that I wanted to make it a three day weekend for myself so I took Saturday off because lets face it... I deserve it! The best part is that my friend will be in town and we will be spending some time together shopping and lunching on Sunday! I'm really looking forward to it.

I did drag my butt out of bed early this morning to beat the rush at Trader Joe's and have a bit of a haul to show you. I am also going to share my planner layout for this week. I am in love with how it came out! Starting in July I'll have two layouts to show you! I got a planner in Michael's on deep discount (the total was between $10-$15) and it is an 18 month planner starting in July 2016. I'll be doing a different style of planning which is essentially a scrapbook style of planning since lets face it... there is typically a departure in what I planned in the beginning of the week to what I really do. Plus, I think it is just a great way to document memories and also to use up random stickers that I have left over from my weekly planning. I'm looking forward to sharing that with you as well!

Anyway, enough of my yapping, here is the haul and the spread!


First up is the produce. Shredded carrots, persian cucumbers, grape tomatoes, corn on the cob, russet potatoes, baby carrots, avocado and spring mix.


Some random grocery items as well. Inner Beans and Peas, some Crispy Chick'n Tenders and the vegan marshmallows!! I don't know what I'll do with them yet but I'm glad I found them. 


Here is this week's spread! It is so beautiful, I am in love with it! The colors are gorgeous and just looking at it makes me happy! My favorite colors have drastically changed recently. I'm loving navy blue, copper, cornflower blue (this may be my new power color) and mint... I used to love more warm toned colors but these colors have been inspiring to me lately.

What are your favorite colors? Do you love neutrals, brights, pastels? Let me know in the comments below!

Have a great week everyone! <3

12 comments:

  1. I love the inner peas and beans, easily my favorite snack!
    I love our planner, the colors are gorgeous!
    I love deep earth colors, like eggplant and deep green, but recently I've been really drawn to blues, and oddly orange which I've never really cared for in the past.
    Deep, deep eggplant purple is probably my favorite color ever!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I love my planner too, clearly ;) That's so funny because my fondness for orange has grown over the past year or so as well! Coppery orange and deep eggplant purple are beautiful together too.

      Delete
  2. Ooooh, I didn't know TJ's made vegan marshmallows! That's awesome. I just love your planners so very much! I really want to get into that next year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I can't wait to try the marshmallows! I'll definitely let you know how they are! Thanks :) Most planners start in July so no need to wait until next year ;) Erin Condren starts in July and most Happy Planners in the store (Michael's - you can get it with a 40% off coupon) start in July as well!

      Delete
  3. I think you melt some dark chocolate, dip the marshmallows and then roll it in crushed peanuts. Yes.

    What will you use the cucumbers in? I need to get my hands on more melon, as it is in season!

    Happy Summer Solstice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooooh yes!!!!!!!! That is happening for sure :)

      I usually just have the cucumbers in salads and with hummus. I am munching on watermelon for breakfast today :)

      Happy Summer Solstice!

      Delete
  4. So glad you will be seeing who I hope is your friend from Orlando!
    Cornflower blue is so pretty! I have a propensity towards periwinkle because it's fun to pronounce :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm actually going to see a different friend of my, my best friend of like 16 years who lives in Massachusetts now. I'm so excited, I miss her a lot and we are going to have a fun girls day! I'm hoping to take a trip to Orlando this fall though!

      I have never been a big blue person but lately I've been loving it! Periwinkle is so pretty too and you are right, it's fun to say!

      Delete
  5. Looks like someone is planning to make a really big salad with lots of stuff in it.

    With all your baking experience, you must have some Rocky Road type cookies or cakes you could make with the Marshmallows.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, a big salad is definitely on the way!! :)

      Oooh rocky road cookies sound good. S'mores cookies sound good too. I'll have to figure it out!

      Delete
  6. Yes!!!! Rocky Road fudge!!! Thank you for that suggestion! I've never been a big fudge person with the exception of Rocky Road. Why did that never occur to me? I'm know there are subs for evaporated milk, maybe coconut cream?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I could do that too! Although I'd probably be more inclined to make bark or clusters than fudge because fudge is just so cloyingly sweet to me. Maybe I'll give it a try though! I'll have to look up fudge recipes and adjust ;)

      Delete