Sunday, March 30, 2014

Show & Tell Sunday: Stuff I'm Into!

Hey everyone! After yesterday's post about my trip to Cassadaga, I think I've sufficiently (almond) milked my trip to Florida for all it's worth ;) I figured that since today is Show and Tell Sunday AND since it has been forever since I've done a "Fun Friday" style post, I would take today to show you some things I've been into lately :) I love doing these posts, it's always so fun! And you get a little peek into my crazy mind, ha!


My first new obsession is using Argan Oil in my hair. I hadn't heard of it until recently but I was immediately in love with it the first time I used it. I had already stopped using heat in my hair for the most part (I'm trying to give it a break from any harshness I've exposed it to over the years) and I had heard of all of the amazing benefits of using argan oil.  It is moisturizing and nourishing, and makes hair silky, soft and shiny. It is such an easy way to show your hair a little extra love and I can definitely feel the difference when I use it. I basically towel dry my hair as much as possible. I add a few drops of argan oil to my damp hair and comb it through and let it finish air drying. It's as simple as that!


Lately I've been brainstorming ways to earn a little extra money since life just seems to be getting more expensive. Freelance photo shoots are always an option (assuming I can find work) and I'm definitely working on lining up some portrait sessions. I've also been interested in making jewelry for a very long time and decided to give it a try and see what I come up with! I started off very simple with elastic beaded bracelets and I'm pretty happy with how they came out. Above you can see a set of stackable beaded bracelets that look really cute stacked on your wrist.


This one is a simpler, single bracelet with these hilarious skull beads I found. Also, I had no idea how to take a picture of this jewelry and was looking for something to hang it from and I found this guy hanging out on my shelf! He's normally toting a little surfboard but I thought the bracelet was a good accessory as well.

I'm planning on trying to make different kinds of bracelets (especially wrap bracelets!) and I'll keep you posted on my progress. If anything, it's a fun hobby and will be perfect when I need to give a gift (which is exactly what is happening with those stacking bracelets).


Check out this gorgeous cast iron teapot that my friend got me for the holidays this past year! I can't believe I haven't shown you until now. It is such a beautiful piece and steeps up the most delicious tea ever.


As you can see you put your loose tea or herbs/spices or whatever you want to steep into the basket and then fill the pot with boiling water. You let it steep for a few minutes and you have really delicious tea to sip :)


Have you guys ever heard of water marbling? It is a very cool effect for nails and I've watched a million videos on it and still found it to be a daunting process. I tried it for the first time today and was happy that I only did it as an accent nail because it didn't come out as cool as any of the pictures or videos that I've seen. Not a terrible first try but nothing spectacular either. The colors mixed into a silver and light pink but were supposed to be a burgundy, lilac and white. When I get better at it I'll definitely show you :)

That's all I've got for you today! I hope you enjoyed a peek into what I'm digging lately. Next week I'll show you some delicious raw food I've been eating (and drinking) lately. I've been trying to cram as much produce in my face as possible and I've been achieving my goal through smoothies, juices and salads/raw wraps. I'll show you some of that next week!

Hope you all enjoy the rest of your weekend!







11 comments:

  1. The argan oil sounds like a great treatment for yr hair. my hair routine is just wash and dry but it's pretty wavy so sometimes my hair gets crazy. It might be nice to do a little something extra.
    Cute bracelets. Even if you don't end up selling them, it's nice to keep yrself occupied and to de-stress...
    That's a very beautiful teapot! What kind of tea do you usually brew?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My hair gets angry in the humidity because it is a little wavy and thick. The oil is a really great treatment, I'm loving it. Your hair will be really soft, gift it a try!

      Thanks! That's exactly what it is, kind of a stress release. I'm planning on making more complicated ones so hopefully it'll remain stress free ;)

      Isn't it amazing?! I have some loose leaf tea that I got from a place near my house that I love that I'll put in there or even just some ginger or other spices and citrus peel. It's so nice and fresh.

      Delete
  2. Do you have to order the Argan Oil online or do they sell it at WFs? Too bad you didn't mention this a couple months ago when we were all dried out.

    If you want to earn some extra $$: BAKE!!!!! You are a very talented vegan baker!

    Anyway, nice teapot. I've had those used in a few Asian restaurants. They weigh a ton and don't hold as much tea as I'd like, but I will concede that they're pretty cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't even think to look at WFs, I just ordered some online. I know, I'm bummed I didn't hear about it until just recently! It still will make hair soft and shiny and is definitely worth a try.

      Haha I knew you were going to say that! There's so much that goes into a legitimate baking business and I just don't think now is the right time to get into all of the details and bureaucratic nonsense. One day I will make it happen though! And thank you!

      It is indeed very heavy but it kind of makes me feel special when I use it. A lot of good tea has come out of that pot :)

      Delete
    2. Right after this post, I saw a few Argan Oil products on Groupon Goods. One is a hairbrush that dispenses Argan Oil when you brush your hair. Only $5.99. Did you know this is where Argan Oil came from?
      https://travel.yahoo.com/blogs/compass/goats-in-a-tree------nuff-said--flickr-photo-of-the-day-171147951.html

      Delete
    3. Ugh ok that's kind of gross... maybe I'll be using coconut oil from now on, ha!

      Delete
  3. I have conditioner with argan oil, and I LOVE it. You are so right about how it soft it make the hair feel. Your bracelets are darling, and your goal food sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it amazing?! It's such a small thing but it makes you feel so good and that is really important. Thank you :)

      Delete
  4. I've used argan oil on my face in the winter, and I agree that it works wonders! The bracelets are so cute, and I agree with Shen - baked goods. And gift baskets. ;) It already sounds like a store I'd love to shop in!

    I have not seen the marble effect, but it could be that I live under a rock. However, it does look really pretty! I haven't painted my fingers in a long time, but I was doing my toes for months on end with all the yoga that I do. I'm giving them a break right now before flip flop season hits!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I'm going to start using it as a moisturizer too! Or maybe coconut oil... I haven't decided yet, ha! If I had my own shop I would be so happy and I would have the most fun stuff in it :) One day!

      I had never heard of the water marbling until recently either. I don't really do my nails either but just started to about 2 weeks ago. I got my first pedicure of the year for Florida and I forgot how much I love it. Oh man I'm so excited about flip flop season!

      Delete
  5. Awesome that you've started to make jewelery! Can't wait to see how that progresses :)

    I loooove cast iron pots! I worked at a tea store for a while and got an awesome discount- I am kicking myself for not getting one! Granted I would have had to truck it home from Ireland but still...haha

    ReplyDelete