Thursday, September 24, 2015

Thirsty Thursday

Hey guys! So I'm working on starting What I Ate Wednesday (or possibly Foodie Friday - we shall see!) for next week because this week was crazy but somehow I ended up accumulating tons of interesting beverages this week! Enter Thirsty Thursday. I wanted to share all of the fun things I found with you. I haven't tried any of them yet but I'll make sure to keep you updated on how they are!


It finally made it to my Whole Foods!!!! I was SO EXCITED to find this in my local Whole Foods, especially because they had NOTHING that I actually went there for. I picked one up and I really can't wait to try it. It appears that it is going to be heavy on spices with the promise of fresh pressed ginger and fiery masala spices so hopefully it is as delicious as I imagined it would be!


I found this beauty the last time I went to Trader Joe's. You know I have a major love of watermelon so to find this juice was definitely a treat for me. Of course I find it as the weather is cooling off but I am excited to try it. I'm sure it will be nice and hydrating.

The next two beverages were purchased from the only vegan bakery on Long Island called Sweet To Lick. I saw the drinks on their Instagram page and was there the next day to pick them up! These guys seriously stepped up the fall beverage game, look how amazing these sound!


The first drink is a Pumpkin Horchata!! What?! This sounds so amazing, I am so excited to drink this. I think this would actually be an amazing dessert beverage so I'll drink it when I want something sweet after dinner.


They also had this Cranberry 50/50 drink which is Cranberry Tea mixed with Lemonade. I had to pick this one up as well because it's cranberry iced tea with lemonade. Why wouldn't I pick it up. I'm bringing this to work with me today to have with lunch. I'll let you know how it is!


While I was at Whole Foods this morning (I got there at 7:45 AM, I start work at 10 - that's productivity my friends) I decided I couldn't just walk out with a bottled of iced chai after driving 20 minutes at the crack of dawn to get there so I made this amazing salad for lunch. It is romaine, cucumber, grape tomatoes, carrots, corn, chickpeas and dolmas. When I came home I dressed it with an oil free Tahini Lemon dressing. Lunch will definitely be delicious today :)

As for a little life update I'm really excited because I booked a trip to visit my friend in Florida in October! I wanted to get back down there before Thanksgiving because once Thanksgiving hits I won't be able to get there until the spring and the end of October worked out perfectly! I can't wait to go, I've never been there at the end of October and he told me the weather is going to be amazing and we have a lot of fun things planned. I just need the next month to go quickly!

I hope that you have all been doing well! I'll be back soon with a monthly favorites post and a What I've Been Eating Post. I have a lot of great meals planned for the next week!

Happy almost weekend!


4 comments:

  1. The Pumpkin Horchata sounds excellent. Bet it was really expensive.

    I enjoy the Bhakti Chais too. The spice sneaks up on you.

    Gosh you love Dolmas so much. Good thing they are easier to get these days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG the horchata was soooo good! It wasn't as expensive as you would think! I got it for $4 which I think is reasonable for what it was and where I got it!

      I haven't tried the chai yet but I'm looking forward to it.

      Haha I do love them! I don't eat them as much anymore but I definitely love them and will continue to enjoy them :)

      Delete
  2. Yay! So glad the Bhakti Chai made it to your WF! I've not had the almond milk version, so I can't vouch for it but if it is too spicy, try the semi-sweet variety, as it is gentler. Such a great treat!

    I agree with Shen - the pumpkin horchata sounds amazing!!

    WIAW is great idea - I might have to shift my days, as Tuesday are my long days (two hours of meetings after teaching all day). I need to figure it out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes we finally got it! I haven't tried it yet but I'm looking forward to it! We only had this one and the coffee variety so I went for this one. Can't wait to try it.

      The horchata was soooooo good! So was the iced tea.

      Yeah I don't know if I'm doing WIAW or Foodie Fridays because I've still be lazy about it but we'll see! I hope that you work out a schedule that works for you!

      Delete