Saturday, July 16, 2016

This and That

Hey you guys! Happy weekend! I hope you all had a great week. I'm ready for my weekend to start after today's day at work. I really have plans as of right now except to clean and whatnot. Hopefully you guys have more exciting plans than I do!

I really don't have a ton of pictures of my food because I eat the same things all the time. More sushi, lots of mediterranean plates and salads, etc. I have a few pics but then I thought it would be fun to show some recipes I found on Pinterest that I plan on making in the near future!

First up, what I've actually eaten:


I don't know why my cantaloupe looks so weird in the photo but it was super sweet and juicy and delicious. This was a typical breakfast during the week. Really hydrating and refreshing.


As I mentioned I had lots of Mediterranean plates. This is the only one I bothered taking a picture of.


I had my waffles from Trader Joe's once! One with just syrup and one with a little peanut butter and syrup. That syrup poured out really fast but it was still super delicious!


I also just wanted to include a picture of this gorgeous hibiscus flower in my front yard. We have TONS of them and they are so beautiful. They are my favorite flower and it makes me happy to see them every day.

OK so now I'll show you a couple of recipes that I plan on making soon!


First is the Burst Tomato and Zucchini Spaghetti with Avocado Sauce from Pinch of Yum! How beautiful is that dish?! Minus the parmesan sprinkled on top this dish is vegan and I can't wait to try it. She mixes regular spaghetti with spiralized zucchini and it sounds amazing. Definitely a really great summer dish!


Up next and probably the one I'm most excited about is the Sticky Sesame Cauliflower from the Connoisseurus Veg! How amazing does this look?! I'm so excited to try it out, maybe I'll make it next week :) If I can deal with the heat that is.


I can't think of anything better for breakfast than a creamy Chocolate Overnight Oatmeal Smoothie from Running With Spoons. I think this may have to happen next week as well!

So there you have it, a few things I've eaten and a few things I really want to eat. What summer recipes are you looking forward to trying?

I can't wait to show you my planner spread for next week! I'm using a very special sticker kit that I think you will all love :) 

I hope you have a great weekend! <3 See you on Monday!




6 comments:

  1. Yum - those food pics look amazing. I don't want to turn an oven on :( I've been eating uninspiring salads lately when all I want to eat is vegan ice cream. Your Mediterranean plates look cool and refreshing. You've motivated me to at least pull out all my cookbooks and start looking. How awesome would it be to have a vegan chef on call? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG turning on the oven in the summer is the worst. It has to be really worth it for me to do that. I'm sure you'll find lots of summer fare to try out :) OMG sign me up for a chef haha!

      Delete
  2. I'm totally with on the melon for breakfast! It's the best, this time of year! I almost picked up some stuffed grape leaves, but they didn't seem freshly prepared. I should go to a Mediterranean restaurant and pick some up!

    Beautiful hibiscus flower! And how cool that they are just popping up in your yard!

    I'm loving all of these recipe ideas, and I have a can of chickpeas, so I should really check out that recipe immediately! And I love some avo sauce, so that should be tasty! I hope you try them soon!

    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, melon for breakfast always! So much easier than a smoothie haha. Oooh yes, get some stuffed grape leaves… so good <3

      I wish they would just pop up but my dad actually planted a ton of them :)

      Hope you enjoyed your weekend!

      Delete
  3. Wow! Those recipes do look excellent! Like Ingrid said, if only one had a personal chef to prepare them. I guess you could make them for your friends when you do the dinner party thing.

    Hibiiscus flowers are beautiful, I especially love the ones that are yellow with orange in the middle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A personal chef would indeed be amazing! I made the cauliflower one and it was excellent!

      I love hibiscus flowers so much. I have one tattooed on the back of my ankle. It was my first tattoo :)

      Delete