Monday, April 11, 2016

This & That

Hey you guys. I'm here with a quick post, a little update and some odds and ends. Trust me when I say it was my sincere intention to start posting more regularly but to be totally honest, I've been in a bit of a rut since I've gotten back from Florida. Weeks seem to be longer, the weather has gotten colder again and I'm just feeling blah and lazy. My meals have suffered from laziness which means that I eat crap and feel like crap as a result. I decided to just deal with it and stop being such a lazy ass and just start making the good, healthy meals that I love. I'm hoping that I'll be more conscious of photographing and sharing these meals with you. I make no promises but it is definitely a goal! I have also been making a list of fun summer recipes (summer produce!!!) that will be fun to share if they come out well so hopefully there will be some more of that in upcoming months as well.

I don't have much to show you today but I do have a grocery haul and I thought it would be fun to show you what my planner layout looks like for this week. I LOVE it and I've definitely found my planning style over the past few weeks.

First up, here is the Trader Joe's grocery haul:


A few of these items came from reading a recent post from Vegan Peace at My Cat Loves Daiya! I saw the Chocolate Crisps and tahini sauce in the haul and immediately added them to my list! Also already on my list was tomatoes, cucumber, baby carrots, black bean pasta (I've heard it's amazing!), fresh unpasteurized orange juice, Strawberry Chia smoothie drink and shredded cabbage. I grabbed a Luna bar because I thought it was the Caramel Nut Brownie flavor but it turned out to be the S'mores flavor. I guess it is still vegan judging from the ingredients? I forgot to add the pineapple juice to my list like a dummy but hopefully I'll remember next time!


Here is my spread for this week! I've started tracking my hydration, my spending and my steps on a daily basis. I typically have more white space than this because I feel like no white space can feel cluttered and chaotic but I love how this looks. I also love the color blocking. I've been including inspirational quotes each week to help me feel inspired to climb out of this rut.

So this is what I have for you today. I'm hoping that I'll get back into the swing of things. I do have some nice meals planned for this week but hopefully I won't be too lazy to make them. I will try to take some pictures for you and I'll do a roundup post for you if I can gather enough photos.

I hope you have all been well <3

8 comments:

  1. I'm so jelly of your planner! Next year, I'm totally getting my act together and getting one of those! Also, good TJ's tips! We don't have one here, but I stock up when I visit Nashville. Will have to look for the tahini sauce and crisps!

    Also, I THINK all the Luna bars are vegan! I know that one is cause I ate one last week. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thanks!! It's really nice and relaxing to take an hour and just decorate and plan every week. I've been really enjoying it. If you are going to go for the Erin Condren like I have let me know and I'll give you a code to get $10 off your first purchase. They can be quite pricey!

      I don't blame you for stocking up when you get to Trader Joe's. I feel so spoiled to be so close to a bunch of them!

      Ahh that is good to know! I knew most of them were but the idea of anything marshmallow makes me second guess!

      Delete
  2. Thank you for the post. I like the new background. What are you gonna do with the Shredded Cabbage?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I've been changing my backgrounds seasonally and this was the nicest I could find for spring :) The shredded cabbage goes into stir fries! I LOVE cabbage in my stir fry, it's so good.

      Delete
  3. I love your spring background! I hope the weather matches it soon for you. I totally get being in a rut. And it's true, I'll eat lazy, junkier food and feel horrible!
    I love your planner, it is really beautiful!
    I need to look for that black bean pasta, I've heard it's really good too, and I would assume high in protein.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The weather has been improving and it should be in the low 70s and sunny for my weekend on Sunday and Monday! I can't wait!

      I'm feeling pretty terrible at the moment. I'm thinking of doing a quick 1-3 juice/smoothie cleanse but we'll see.

      Thank you! I've been enjoying my planner so much and I especially love how this week is set up. :) I'll let you know about the black bean pasta!

      Delete
  4. Hooray! So great to see a post, and hear a little update! The chilly, rainy weather we've had the last three days has been a major buzz kill, as I so desperately want sunshine! Summer produce is always exciting to think about, and the Brownie Crisps never disappoint!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ingrid! Hasn't the weather been horrible?! It was such a tease when we had spring like weather in early March and then it got cold and dreary again. I can't wait for summer produce and farmers markets!

      Delete