Friday, April 22, 2016

A Fresh Start

Hey you guys! I can't believe that I finally remembered to take some pictures of some stuff I've been eating. You'll notice most of them are work pictures and that is probably why I haven't taken too many but I really tried to make an effort to get some of the meals.

Before I get into that I'm really excited about starting a new journey for health and fitness. Because I've been loving my planner so much and because there are great sales on them now (since it's almost May and all) I decided to get another one on deep discount to start a purely fitness/nutrition/health journal. When I first started blogging I was eating super clean and exercising like crazy and as time has gone on I've been in a vicious cycle of eating crappy processed food, feeling like crap, and not doing the workouts that I want to do. I am tired of feeling like crap, miss feeling healthy and strong and I'm just ready to get back on the right track. I think tracking everything will help… particularly with the laziness! Planning ahead will make a huge difference.

The big motivator for me is the potential to take a bucket list trip next year. My friend and I discussed traveling to Arizona and road tripping to the national parks and doing some pretty amazing hikes. I want to be in amazing shape so I can actually enjoy this (assuming we end up going) and not feel like I'm going to die after a short while. This trip depends on health and finances but I am making it a goal to improve both over the next year!

So, with all of that out of the way lets get into some food!


I tried the Kevita Probiotic Drink and I really like it! It was a bit more fizzy and sharp tasting than I was expecting but I like it! Especially because it isn't chunky like regular kombucha. I only drank half of it because it is strong and because it saves money haha but I am looking forward to trying other flavors.


I had this delicious bowl of Nature's Path Organic Blueberry Cinnamon Flax cereal and it was so good. I used unsweetened almond milk, my milk of choice for pretty much everything!


I also tried the So Delicious Coconut Milk yogurt in the chocolate flavor. It was ok but I think I just don't like vegan yogurt. I didn't even like the Kite Hill kind and everyone is freaking out about it. Anyway, I had that with a giant Pink Lady apple.


Here is the piece de resistance! By far the best meal I've had in a long time. I had the deli next door make me a burrito like wrap and it was AMAZING. There is rice, beans, lettuce, tomato and avocado and it was so good. I don't know why I don't eat burritos more often, they are really good, inexpensive to make and super filling.

So there you have it! This post is packed full of goals, plans and yummy food and drink. I hope you all liked it and I'm really excited to start posting more about my journey back to good health because I miss feeling amazing. I know it'll take time but I'm really looking forward to it.

I hope you all have a great weekend! I'm planning on going to the Asian Market on Monday say I'll try and pop in with a haul if I get anything good.


6 comments:

  1. What about the vegan egg product? havent tried that yet? I looked at Food Fight Grocery's website and they dont ship to the VI but they sure have some great things I never knew existed. I will try to acquire them another way. So happy you are back to blogging again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No I haven't tried the vegan egg yet but I'm glad you found it! I'm looking to try it out this weekend. I've heard good and bad reviews of it so I guess we'll see!

      Delete
  2. I'll have to look when I'm at the store next, but there is a particular flavor of the kevita that will blow your mind, but I have to see the bottle to spark my memory!
    I was really disappointed in that chocolate yogurt too. I don't think chocolate and the tang of yogurt go together.
    Today will be day three of really stepping up my workout game, and I'm feeling great. Really motivated! Woot!!
    Burritos are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh yes when you see it let me know! I am just not a vegan yogurt fan and that is fine. I'll just have to have some kevita or miso or something for the probiotics.

      I'm so glad you are feeling great! I'm hoping that stepping up my game will help me feel better as well :)

      Delete
  3. Yay!! I hope you do the road trip/ national parks / bucket list trip!! Do it!!

    I think I've had that cereal before, and if I remember it correctly, it is good? The burrito wrap looks amazing!

    How is work going? Preparing for wedding season/ editing mania?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really hope it works out too, it is really something that I want to do!! It would be so incredible.

      The cereal is very good, definitely one of my new favorites! The burrito was so delicious, definitely a favorite meal I've had in a long time.

      Yeah, I'm prepping for the craziness that is about to happen. Although there is always craziness… just part of the job haha.

      Delete