Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Vitacost Haul and a Gift

Hey everyone! I know it has been forever, as always, but things get crazy this time of the year. You all know that though. This week is equally crazy because I'm watching the fur babies and as relaxing as you would think that is… taking care of now 6 animals (we added a fish and crab to the mix) is really time consuming. Anyway, I'm here to share with you my very first Vitacost haul! I heard about Vitacost from a lot of different people so I decided to make a purchase because there were a few things that I wanted… and then a few things that just got added to the list ;)


Here is the entire haul!


So this was the first reason I placed the order. I have heard of people using this to sweeten oatmeal and to add flavor to things like coffee, tea, smoothies and banana ice cream so I decided to try the chocolate and vanilla creme flavors! I will definitely let you know how it is!


This was another major reason for this order being placed. I am desperately low on Vitamin D (I'm pretty sure my levels are in the single digits at this point) so I needed to find a pretty good dosage of it in a vegan form and wouldn't you know it, here it is! I had never seen a 5000 iu dose before… when I took them years ago I took the 2000 iu dose. I think I'm going to do this dosage every other day and hopefully it should help and this bottle will last me 4 months.


I saw this and was intrigued by it! This is xylitol gum and from what I've heard xylitol is actually good for strengthening your teeth. It is vegan, gluten free, and non gmo so I decided to give it a try! You had to buy at least two so I got two spearmint packages since that is my favorite. Again, I'll let you know how this is!


I basically added these to my cart to get free shipping. It was either purchase a few more things to get free shipping or basically pay the price of these things in shipping and why would I do that?! I have heard that Justin's Vanilla Almond Butter is by far the best flavor so I figured I'd get a few individual packets and give it a try! I was also intrigued by these Mary's Gone Crackers GF Everything Pretzels. Hopefully they are as yummy as they sound.


Finally I had a gift I just had to share with you! My family and a lot of my friends and I decided that we would forego a gift exchange this year and we basically just buy for the kids now. I do still trade with a few of my friends and my family does a secret Santa kind of thing so we only buy for one person instead of everyone. I got mostly gift cards which is great but my friend gave me the adorable owl mug, owl coasters and box of chocolate flavored teas pictured above! How cute are these?! The mug is definitely going to be my work mug and I'm so excited to try these teas! And the coasters were purchased in Ireland when they went on vacation! I am so in love with all of it, she knows me so well! There was also a book about planning a trip to Disney because we decided we need to go there for a vacation sometime soonish ;) Thanks girl!

That's all I have for you today! I hope to be back with a resolutions/goals post for the New Year! I will probably post it after the New Year (maybe this weekend) but I definitely want to get it up to share with all of you.

I hope you all have a wonderful and safe New Year!

8 comments:

  1. Ooh, I need to check out Vitacost! I think I've heard of them before, but now I'm inspired to browse. Ha ha! I can't wait to hear what you think of your items, and I hope the megadose of Vitamin D does great things!

    I love the owl mug, so cute! Chocolate and tea, how could one go wrong?! Hooray for a Disney trip on the table!!!

    I hope you are enjoying your house and dog sit vacation! Do I hear furry animals wanting to be photographed? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vitacost was great but a little overwhelming! I would make sure you have some time for browsing because there is so much to go through. I hope the Vitamin D works too, I'm so blah all the time!

      I'm obsessed with my owl mug! I am drinking tea out of it right now ;) I have tried the peppermint chocolate tea and it was mild but delicious!

      Haha I'll do the best I can to take pics of the fur babies ;)

      Delete
  2. The mug and coasters are adorable! I hope you have a really happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Happy New Year to you too!!

      Delete
  3. It's great that you found vegan D3. They are sneaking it in all kinds of food sources at the store, and it's not vegan. Happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New year!! I am glad found it because it's so important for me to build it back up!

      Delete
  4. What a healthy haul. I have never heard of this company either. Your owl mug is so cute, maybe you shouldnt take it to work. I am now craving chewing gum. Happy New Year! Please post more in 2016!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year! I definitely plan on posting more in 2016! The mug is perfect at work, it makes me smile :) the gum was pretty good and hopefully it really is good for my teeth!

      Delete