Thursday, November 19, 2015

Changes Are Coming!

Hey you guys! I hope that you are all doing well! I am so so sorry that I haven't been around much. Truthfully I've been dealing with some stuff behind the scenes and I've been kind of trying to figure out where I want this blog to go. Clearly I'm not interested in it as it exists right now. I wanted to pop in today to let you know that even though I have not been posting recently I have been working behind the scenes. I've been working on carving the right path for myself in this space and finding the content that will make me happy and keep my interest in addition to being useful and helpful to you. I think I've finally figured it out and I'm really excited to revamp and reveal to you.

I have decided to focus on the two things that I have been focusing on most recently… my creativity and practicality. I've been working on becoming incredibly organized and I am moving my life into a planner. I am starting to plan out every week of my life to put it in front of me. This way I am aware if I am out of balance… whether it is out of balance in my diet or the balance between work and my happy place, it is right in front of me. In addition to the planning, I'm working on a budget system for 2016 so I can start to save my money for my future. Obviously the holidays is the worst time to work on this but I plan on having a system in place for the new year. I plan on sharing my planner with you, how I try to balance everything and most importantly… how I decorate it! ;)

I love to create, I love to give and I love to share my ideas. This blog will combine all of these things. I will share with you my favorite DIY projects (and working with the budget, they will be affordable!), my favorite gift ideas and any creative projects that I have on my plate. It will include the DIYs, cooking, photography and all of the things I do to get my creative energy out. I am a very visual person, I love color and I love pattern and I love to work with these things. I'm just going to make sure I share them with you now!

I do not know what my posting schedule will be as of right now because the nature of the content is more time consuming since I have to create, photograph and figure out how to explain everything to you. I do plan on getting into some gift ideas and quick DIYs after Thanksgiving to give you some ideas for holiday gifts and some fun tricks to save money during the holiday season! As I get more into these posts it will become more clear exactly how it will all go in the future.

I'm so incredibly excited to be changing the path of this blog and to be able to share my ideas and my life with you. I try to be an open book and I hope that you all enjoy the change that I will be making! I will be back soon! I'm just trying to wrangle my thoughts into a cohesive posting schedule that will make the most sense. I will be back to share that with you soon <3



8 comments:

  1. Neat! I'm a super-planner nerd, so I'm excited to see where the blog goes!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yes! Planner nerds unite!! I'm probably going to focus on gift ideas between now and Christmas so sit tight and planner posts should come around the new year! I just splurged on an Erin Condren… I can't wait to get it and show you!

      Delete
  2. As a long time reader, I'm ashamed this is my first time commenting! I'm very excited to see what's in store for this blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, welcome!! Thank you so much for commenting :) I am so happy that you are excited about the changes! My enthusiasm for posting has been restored and I can't wait to share when I have planned for you :) Get ready for lots of gift ideas and maybe even a few giveaways over the next month!

      Delete
  3. Revamping is a great thing! I'm excited to learn from your scheduling and budgeting ideas - I'm really only successful with those things 50% of the time! And I love your gift ideas, recipes - all of it! Can't wait to see what is in store!

    Are you off two or three days next week? Happy week of family togetherness!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thanks!!! I'm so excited to start over :) I'm not going to lie, the planner and budget stuff is kind of what I'm looking forward to most :) I splurged on a beautiful planner and I can't wait to put it to use in January!! Most of December will be my favorite gift ideas... I figure the timing is right!

      I only have off on thanksgiving day next week and I'm back in Friday and Saturday. It's actually quite busy and stressful right now but hopefully we'll get caught up in the next few weeks.

      Thanks!! You too!!

      Delete
  4. Whatever you post is fine with me. I always find it of interest. Since your a professional photgrapher, it seems like it would be easy to post pics of vegan options around your area.

    ReplyDelete