Saturday, August 1, 2015

July Favorites - All Snack Edition

Hey everyone! I can't believe how quickly this year is flying by! Another month has gone and I'm back with a monthly favorites list. I noticed that I found some really delicious and (mostly) healthy snacks and figured I would make this months favorites list all snacks. I hope you enjoy!


You all know that I love my Larabars. I don't buy them often because I enjoy making similar recipes myself, but once in a while I like to stock up on some to take as a quick snack on the go. The reason I'm including it in this month's favorites is because I found a new favorite flavor! My three favorites of life up to now have been the lemon, key lime (do they make it anymore? I never see it at the store!), and the coconut cream pie flavor. But then I found the coconut chocolate chip. It has all of the flavors of the Almond Joy candy bar but with none of the guilt and yucky stuff. I freaking love this flavor and I'm totally going to stock up on them for when my sweet tooth acts up. It would probably be amazing broken into pieces over chocolate flavored banana ice cream.... mmm.


Up next is this really yummy powdered peanut butter called Just Great Stuff. It is like PB2 but is organic and is sweetened with coconut sugar instead of whatever crap they put in PB2. I LOVE peanut butter and definitely still eat peanut butter... but sometimes I want the peanut butter flavor without the high calorie and fat count. This stuff is perfect for adding to oatmeal, smoothies and banana ice cream to make it taste like peanut butter without adding tons of calories and fat. That just means you can add even more stuff! ;)


I finally found them!! I found the Choco Chews tucked away in a corner in a Whole Foods that I don't normally go to so naturally I had to pick them up! These are clearly not the healthiest snack option but every once in a while when you want a treat and are craving candy these are perfect. They are supposed to be like a Tootsie Roll but unlike Tootsie Rolls, these actually taste like chocolate! They have a deep cocoa flavor that I really enjoyed. I definitely recommend these if you see them!


This is a given but I've been really enjoying summer fruit in July. This baggie full of mango slices came from the deli next door. They cut up mangoes almost every day and it makes a perfect snack if I'm feeling a bit hungry at work and want something refreshing. And it definitely tastes better when someone else peels and cuts them ;)


Finally we have these World Peas Fava Crisps! I had the Ranch flavor and oh my goodness you guys! These are AMAZING. I don't get the Vegan Cuts Snack Box anymore but I still get emails from them and saw these snacks in one of the boxes and decided to check them out. I decided to splurge and go for it and I didn't regret it. They are amazing. They are a perfect savory, salty, crunchy treat if that is your thing. They are high in protein and high in flavor and I love them. They have tons of flavors and they do green peas and fava beans if I remember correctly.

Ok so there you have it! A little something to satisfy all tastes... whether you like sweet, fruity, salty, crunchy, nutty... you are covered :)

Hope you are all doing well! <3

4 comments:

  1. Yay! you found the Choco Chews! Arent they great? Just the right amount when you eat the whole bag you dont feel sick.

    I never understood the need for powdered PB, but you gave some good reasons for its existence.

    So great you can get fresh Mango slices so conveniently.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I was so excited when I saw them! They are really good, they have such a rich cocoa flavor!

      I would never hydrate it and use it in place of peanut butter but I love the idea of using it to add peanut butter flavor to drinks and recipes and whatnot.

      I love that they slice up the mangoes, it makes life so easy :)

      Delete
  2. I've seen those powdered pb containers, but haven't tried any. Hmm... Maybe I should?! Choco Chew, Cocomels,..my list of treats is growing!

    How are you feeling these days? I hope work has allowed you a few free evenings to enjoy the summertime!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the powdered peanut butter to use as a powder, but not necessarily to use in a liquid form. If you like adding peanut butter to smoothies it is definitely a great option.

      I'm feeling a bit yucky right now but hopefully things get better soon! Thanks for asking!

      Delete