Saturday, June 6, 2015

May 2015 Favorites!

Hey everyone! I know it is a few days late but I figured I would pop in with a few of my favorite things from the month of May. Let me know what some of your favorite things were!


First up is probably a no brainer but it was the return of summer produce!! This bowl of berries and cherries is one of my favorite things that I ate last month and I'm definitely looking forward to more summer produce as we get further into the season!


I'm sure some of you remember the lovely Isobelle that used to run the VGAN JAR blog (now sadly defunct, wah!). Anyway, she and I have kept in touch over Instagram and Facebook and we decided to do a fun swap. I included a box of apricot vanilla creme tea in her box and the minute I sent it off I regretted not getting a box for myself. Well I went back to the store and got a box and oh man am I glad I did! This tea is really lovely and perfect for the spring. I definitely recommend you try it!

I will also let you know what fun things are in my box when it arrives :)


My friend went to Japan for a vacation with her husband and brought me back two gifts that were so sweet and I LOVE!!! First up we have this adorable set of chopsticks (ahhh owl, so cute!!) and a case to hold them in. I'm so excited about these and will be sure to get a lot of use out of them!


The second part was this bar of soap from Lush in Japan! I love all of the Japanese writing on it and they could not have chosen a better scent! It is called "Rock Star" and it smells like sweet candy. I haven't unwrapped it yet because I love the packaging too much but when I do I'll let you know how it is!


Up next I have these super yummy Tomato Basil Lentil Snaps. They are basically the same as the Snapea Crisps that I love so much but these are made of lentils and are in a super yummy tomato basil flavor. I definitely recommend giving these a try if you are looking for something to snack on!


My final favorite of the month is a Disney Pixar movie called Brave. It may be a surprise to you that I really love Disney movies, mostly old school ones though. I haven't seen a lot of the newer films (nope, haven't seen Frozen!) but it is definitely something that I plan to catch up on. I was home one evening feeling a little under the weather and decided to watch the move Brave (read about it here) and oh man did I LOVE this movie! It has definitely climbed toward the top of my favorites list!  The animation is just adorable as all Pixar movies are. I mean check out how cute Baby Merida is!


I can't even deal, she's too cute!! I highly recommend this movie if you want to see something cute :)

OK so that's all for this month!! I'll be back next week after the jewelry party is over! I plan on going grocery shopping on Monday so maybe I'll be back with a haul then :)

Have a great weekend!



4 comments:

  1. Looks like you must have a cherry pitter? Beautiful Berries.

    I am not a fan of fruity flavored teas, but it I remember that blog. Great that you stayed in touch.

    Your friends brought very thoughtful gifts back for you.

    I have 'Frozen' on the DVR. Still havent even seen that one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do have a cherry pitter! When I'm eating cherries at home I don't bother but I use it when I want to freeze cherries for smoothies or if I'm bringing cherries to eat at work. As classy as it is to be spitting pits all over the studio ;)

      I don't really like fruity teas all that much either (I really only like apple cinnamon teas as far as fruity flavors go) but this one sounded too good to pass up. I'm glad we stayed in touch too, she is such a cool and talented person!

      They did, I appreciate their thoughtfulness so much!

      I just noticed that Frozen is on demand right now. I'll have to watch it to see what the hype is about.

      Delete
  2. I totally remember Isobel! How cool that you've kept in touch.

    Such neat gifts from Japan! The chopsticks are super cute, and I love the idea of buying common products in another country. When my luggage was delayed last summer, I bought toiletries from Boots, and it was so interesting how the description and font changed from the U.S. versions! I'd have a hard time not hoarding that bar, but if it smells good - use it! ;)

    I looked at that very bag of Lentil Snaps - too funny! Now I'll have to go back to buy them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad that we kept in touch as well, she is so awesome! And super talented, I'll have to share that in an upcoming post!

      The gifts were so sweet and totally unexpected! I am obsessed with the chopsticks, I'm going to use them all the time. I can get the same soap here so I may keep it in the Japanese packaging and I can get a chunk here to use :) It really does smell great. It takes a lot of willpower not to buy everything in that store!

      Definitely give them a try! They are so yummy! They would be a great plane snack for when you go visit Grandma!

      Delete