Sunday, July 13, 2014

Long Time No See

It's been a while, eh? I was not intending to be on hiatus but unfortunately my body made the decision for me. I wasn't feeling too great the past few weeks but it seems to be turning around. I suspect my Vitamin D levels plummeted again because I was EXHAUSTED all the time. My appetite was non-existent. My hair was falling out by the handful so I had about 8 inches cut off. This usually helps but I was still pulling handfuls of hair out on a daily basis which really creeped me out so I realized that Vitamin D may be the problem. I've been taking it daily for the past week or week and a half and I feel a million times better. Hopefully I'll continue to feel better but I figured that since I was already feeling a lot better I'd pop in to say hello and show you a totally random mix of pictures I've collected over the past few weeks.


I've shown you a few cars that are being worked on across the street and when I saw these three lined up I had to take a picture because they are all really cool cars. The one on the far left is still my favorite by far but I think the rusted truck is really charming and the purple car is very cool and retro looking.


This was from when I baby sat for sweet Tyler a few weeks ago. I love his face.


Sleepy puppy. This poor guy had to tough it out here while TJ got to enjoy a weekend in the Hamptons. I think Tyler enjoyed the peace and quiet though :)



This picture is actually really exciting for me for a random reason. It's part of my random red light series. The sunset was really gorgeous that night but I was most excited because I had the energy to actually go out after work and get something done rather than just go straight home to bed. This was probably at about 8:00 pm I want to say? I love that sunset is so much later now. This, by the way, is on the home from Whole Foods.


Since I'm a mug/cup slut and a big fan of flip flops this cup was perfect for me. It's a really large BPA free mug that I got for about $3.50 (it was 30% off and I had a few $$ left on a gift card so the out of pocket price was $3.50). I can't wait to use it.


As I mentioned, I haven't had much of an appetite so I've been picky about meals lately. Avocado toast has been a staple and this sandwich just came out too pretty not to photograph. It is sliced avocado, tomato, salt and pepper on a slightly toasted ciabatta roll. So good. 

That's all for this random update. Hopefully it won't be as long before my next post. I hope you are all doing well and staying cool in this yucky heat/humidity!

9 comments:

  1. Appreciate the effort. Vitamin D is a tough one. I'm probably deficiant as well, but fear of skin cancer wins out. How can newcomer TJ get the Hamptons trip? No fair!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear ya, I"m so pale I burn at the thought of being outside... I used to spend more time outside with work and everything and now that I'm in the studio all week so I don't get any vitamin D... I was at like a 12 before (which is very deficient... 30 is the low end of normal) so I can't imagine where I am now.

      I have no idea why he got to live the high life but I think it's because he wasn't completely house trained?

      Delete
  2. Oh, sweet Sarah - I am so sad that you've been having to deal with all of this. I would definitely not be able to handle all of it as gracefully. And 8 inches of hair - that's a lot! I suppose it feels light and cool now, yes? If you'd like a break from the heat - may I suggest England? (I'll go again with you!) We did not pack nearly enough warm clothes (nor jackets) to handle the consistent 60 degree weather. It was, however, humid - which made it feel weird. A couple of days were nice, though.

    Tyler and the sunset picture are my favorites! He is such a cutie and the angle of the windshield with the reflecting light of the sun is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, welcome home! So nice to have you back! Thank you, that's very sweet of you to say... I don't know if it can be considered graceful because I was too tired to get all crazy about it ha! Yeah, I needed a cut anyway and it was summer and it was coming out like crazy so I was like let's just chop it. I still have quite a bit of length too but it does feel nice and light now.

      When I was in London many years ago it was also during July/August and I was so surprised by how quickly the weather would change within one day! I can't wait to hear about your trip!

      Thanks! Tyler is the best, I love when I get to watch him and cuddle with him :) The sunset was really beautiful that night, I'm glad I had that red light so I could capture it!

      Delete
  3. Oh, I hope you feel all the way better soon! It's terrible when our bodies act up, and we feel crummy. Yet, you managed to take some gorgeous pictures for us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I've been feeling better every day so I'm definitely thinking the supplements are helping. I'm glad you enjoyed the pics :)

      Delete
  4. Oh my, I know how hard it can be to feel that way and hope you're feeling much better by now! My hair got the same way for a while. So frustrating, especially combined with the fatigue.

    I love that purple car, although the other two are really awesome as well. So fun that you get to see that place regularly!

    I've gone back to your Instagram a few times to look at that picture of Tyler. He's SO sweet! That face just kills me. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Molly! The hair has been really freaking me out and I'm trying not to stress about it because I know it makes it worse. I guess I'll have to see what happens with time.

      The purple car is very cool! It is very vibrant in person but I'm just so drawn to the one all the way to the left. It is very fun to see what cars they are working on each day :)

      Aww that is so sweet! I love his face so much, he is just the best. I get to babysit the him, TJ, Jack and Eddie soon so I'll just be surrounded by love.

      Delete