Friday, November 25, 2016

Starting Over

Hey guys! It's been a while, eh? I hope that you have all been doing well and that you enjoyed your Thanksgiving. A lot has been happening over here and I guess now is the time to fill you in a little bit.

I have always tried to be open about my struggle with anxiety and depression and in the past I tried really hard to find balance and to use blogging as a way to combat those feelings. Unfortunately it just became too much for me and the balancing act became part of the struggle. It was at that point that I decided to take a break from blogging and just take care of myself. And I did that by starting therapy.

I am not really ready to talk about specifics just yet but I assure you that I will definitely be posting about it at some point in the future. And that post won't be me "seeking attention" as many people like to think that is the main goal of someone dealing with mental health issues. My only goal and purpose for that post is the opportunity to help even one person by sharing my story. I am hoping that I will feel strong and confident enough to do that soon.

Now where does all of this leave me in this moment? In this moment I'm continuing my journey in therapy and I'm going to continue my journey in the blogosphere. However, that journey will not continue here. I've decided that I am a different person than I was even two months ago and that I need to push forward with a clean slate. My new space will still be dedicated to posting about my life as a vegan on Long Island. It will not be a mental health blog, however, there will be some discussion if things come up that I think are important to share. I know that I have moved several times already and I'm so grateful to those of you that have followed me. I would love for you to join me in this next phase. I do understand if you do not wish to.

That's all I have for now. I do have a post up on my new blog and would love for you to check it out. As I've done in the past, I'm going to go ahead and bribe you with cute pictures of Delilah and TJ for you to check out and let you know that I am hoping to have a food post up as my next post.

Thanks again for all of your kind words and support over the past few weeks. I really appreciate it more than I can ever express <3 You guys are all amazing and I feel incredibly lucky to have become a part of this community.

I hope to see you over at longislandvegan.blogspot.com!




9 comments:

  1. I am so proud of you! It's so great to share, and great that you're going to keep blogging! I'm super excited to see where this next phase takes you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much <3 I'm curious to see where it takes me too!

      Delete
  2. I'll follow you wherever you go - lead the way :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Sadly I've only ever had terrible reactions to medications. My therapist is amazing and not pushing them on me. I love that it works for you but unfortunately my experiences have all been negative :(

      Delete
  4. Yay! Hooray for new chapters - I'm headed over there now! <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for broaching the subject of anxiety and depression. It's a very serious subject.
    I too have suffered with anxiety and depression for most of my life. Mine was compounded, it turns out, by deficiencies in Niacinamide and vitamin B 12 in addition to all the childhood trauma and real-life stuff. I too see a therapist regularly and have been seeing her for a long, long time. I tell her everything, both about my real life and my online blogging and Tweeting (Twitter) life. She's seen my most recent blog post.
    I too live on Long Island, though I suspect I live well to the East of you.
    Although I'm not a vegan yet have been a strict vegetarian for a very long time. I like Amy's frozen vegan meals.
    Among our differences:
    I'm way, way, way older than you, and;
    I am much more reclusive than you are. It's been said that seeing me is more rare than an Elvis sighting;
    I was born male (ugh). Sorry. I am repulsed by my being male and never got an operation because I feared having to deal with men even more if I did.
    What you write may very well help me. I hope you feel more strong and confident than you did last November when you wrote this post.
    Best wishes!

    http://www.full-brief-panties.blogspot.com/2017/10/lingerie-review-of-full-brief-panties.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading and commenting. I hope that it will be helpful for you. We may not be as different as you think. My OCD makes it really difficult for me to go out as well but after this first year of therapy it has gotten a little easier. I hope that your therapy is providing some comfort for you as well. <3 If you see this first, make sure to head over to the other post you commented on from my current blog. I left a link in there for you!

      Delete