As far as happiness I've been doing well for the most part but I've been tested a bit too. I still give in to the anxiety and aggravation/frustration that I'm prone to (lets me real, it may be sunshine and butterflies here but the "New York" comes out quite a bit outside of the blogosphere, ha!) but I'm more conscious of it and I try to balance it out. I'm typing this in a dark room with my candle lit and I'm in meditation mode :)
So onto today's post. I wanted a sweet treat and I had a bunch of macadamia nuts that were a bit on the pricey side so I decided to use them to help satisfy the rich, sweet craving I had. I love the combination of nuts, coconut and chocolate so Coconut Macadamia Date Bites were really a no brainer! Healthy, sweet, decadent and delicious, these bites are definitely worth a try!
Coconut Macadamia Date Bites
3/4 cup of macadamia nuts (can substitute with almonds or nut of choice)
Heaping 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
Heaping 1/4 cup raw cacao nibs
*15-20 soft pitted dates (soak if necessary)
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1. Process macadamia nuts in the food processor until finely chopped. They should be chunkier than a powder but not too many large chunks. Put into a medium sized mixing bowl with shredded coconut.
2. Process dates until you make a dough. Process in vanilla and cinnamon.
3. Add date dough to the mixing bowl and mix the dates with nuts and coconuts.
4. Add cacao nibs and mix in. I used my hands to mix the whole mixture.
5. Roll into bite sized balls or press into a pan (to cut into bars after being refrigerated for a bit).
Store in the fridge and enjoy!
*The number of dates depends on the size. If you have giant fresh ones I would go with 15. If you are rehydrating dried ones you may need to use more. I used 18 pitted Medjool Dates from Trader Joe's if that helps!
I hope you try this recipe! If you do, let me know if you like it! If you don't have a food processor you could always just cram the nuts and coconut into the pitted dates and sprinkle with cinnamon ;)