Wednesday, February 26, 2014

An Oops and A Bonus Throwback

Sooooo... today is supposed to be What I Ate Wednesday but like a jerk I accidentally formatted my memory card before I downloaded it. I thought it was my other card but unfortunately it wasn't so for the first time in my life I formatted the wrong card and lost my pics from the week. I feel like a total moron but I assure you that you are not missing much. I haven't even tried any of my new products yet so luckily I didn't lose any of those pics. A lot of smoothies and salads and whatnot. Sigh.

I still wanted to get a post up today so I decided to post some bonus throwback recipes for this week. It is cold and snowing again in NY so I'm going to post two comforting, warming oatmeal recipes.

First is a baked oatmeal recipe inspired by Chocolate Covered Katie's Baked Oatmeal:


Raisin and Walnut Baked Oatmeal 

Ingredients:
1/3 cup oats
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 packet Stevia
1 tbsp raisins
1 tbsp choppd walnuts
1/2 banana (mashed)
1/4 cup plant milk (I used Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Breeze)
splash vanilla extract

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 380 degrees. Spray ramekin or baking dish with cooking spray.
2. Combine all dry ingredients in one bowl.
3. Separately combine wet ingredients.
4. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and thoroughly combine.
5. Put mixture into ramekin and bake for 22-25 mins.
6. After 20 minutes put oven on BROIL and cook for another 3-4 minutes until you get a crispy crust on top.
7. Enjoy!


Second is an Apple Pie Oatmeal!


Apple Pie Oatmeal

Ingredients:

1 Gala Apple (peeled or unpeeled depending on your preference)
Pinch Cinnamon
1/3 cup oatmeal
1 tbsp chopped walnuts
1 tbsp raisins

Directions:

1. Sprinkle chopped apple with a pinch of cinnamon and bake on 350 for 12-15 minutes until tender.
2. While the apple is baking, cook oatmeal in 1 cup of water.
3. Top oatmeal with baked apple, raisins and walnuts. If you want to add some sweetness you can drizzle some maple syrup as well.
4. Enjoy!

***

So there you have it. Sorry about the mistake, I definitely feel like an idiot. I do have some fun things coming up for the rest of the week though, including my first Nerd Alert post on Saturday. I'm really excited about it because it will actually lead into a series of posts and a fun Spring project for me because I was really inspired in my research. I can't wait to share it with you.

I hope you are all having a great week. I'll be back tomorrow with more Throwback Recipes. Have a great day/night.

8 comments:

  1. Just reading the words "Spring Project" lifts my spirits; there is an end to this long winter!! Can't wait to hear about it!

    I love the baked oatmeal, it is sooo good! The Apple Pie Oatmeal is one I still need to try! I actually haven't enjoyed an apple in a while - time to get on those!

    P.S. Thank you again for your lovely gifts!!! Big hugs to you and your generous spirit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm excited about my spring project... especially because I had a very bad day today... it's going to be a lot of fun thought!

      Isn't it great?! The apple pie oatmeal is really delicious too. Perfect for a fall morning.

      You are so welcome, I'm so glad you liked them!

      Delete
  2. I've always wanted to try Katie's Baked Oatmeal and never have. Looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely give it a try! It is soooooo good!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Haha yup, hence the Throwback! :) Another throwback going up today.

      Delete
  4. Well these are delicious recipes, so I guess I can forgive you for accidentally formatting your card. Oh wait, there were no apologies necessary in the first place silly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thanks! I just felt like an idiot because formatting your card is pretty much the worst thing a photographer could do and to do it with blog photos made me feel equally as stupid.

      Delete