Friday, January 17, 2014

CSD Cleanse Update & Another Throwback Recipe

Hey everyone! Hope you are all doing well! This will probably be a quick post on my end because I'm exhausted but I just wanted to pop in and show you a few meals I've been eating on this cleanse as well as share an old recipe that I've been enjoying this week too. But I figured I'd start with a quick grocery haul :)


Shredded coconut, raw almonds (VaVaBars anyone?!), fresh dolmas (!!!!!!) and some mushroom broth.


2 HUGE, beautiful bunches of swiss chard on sale 2/$5, a huge container of spring mix, bananas, cauliflower, broccoli, ginormous carrots and gourmet blend of mushrooms.

And some meals:


When I have time to juice I start off my day with some green juice. My favorite one is Kris Carr's Morning Glorious juice which has romaine, kale, celery, cucumber, apple, lemon and broccoli stems. I'm not a huge fan of veggie heavy juices as I have more of a sweet tooth but I really like this one.


Lots of big salads with beautiful, fresh veggies. The one above has greens, carrots, tomatoes and cucumber.


I found my adorable bento box and made some great lunches with veggie sticks (I'm telling you those carrots were HUGE), cucumber, dolmas and some hummus.

I made some zucchini pasta with steamed broccoli and Nana's Marinara but forgot to get a pic. I'll try and get one the next time I eat it because it was delicious!

Finally, on days that I don't have time to deal with juicing I go the quicker route and make a smoothie. For some reason I have an easier time drinking veg heavy green juices than smoothies so I make some concessions and make fruit smoothies and use Vega powder to bump up the nutrition and get 2 servings of greens as well as omegas and probiotics.


My favorite smoothie is my Good Morning, Sunshine Smoothie! This one came out extra thick and it was soooooo good! It was like soft serve for breakfast. I am loving my Ninja high speed blender, it is making my life so much easier.


I took this pic to show you the swirls of green from the Vega powder. I just thought it was fun :) 

So like I mentioned in my last post, I'm trying to bring all of my old recipes over here and this is a great opportunity to bring this smoothie recipe over! Here it is!


Ingredients:
1 small frozen banana
5 fresh strawberries
1/2 cup frozen pineapple
3/4 cup favorite plant milk or water
1 serving vanilla protein powder*
Directions:
Blend all ingredients and enjoy!
*I always use Vega One protein powder because it has my greens, probiotics and omegas included. No need to add spinach unless I want an extra green boost!

So there's my update! I hope you all have a great night and a great start to your weekend tomorrow. I have one more day of work until freedom and I can't wait. It'll be nice to be able to relax and not worry about getting up and running around.

8 comments:

  1. Yes, yes, yes! So much wonderful here - I am super jealous of your juicer! I love the Bento Box set up and the strawberry smoothie! Our weather is slowly moving towards "tolerable" in the mornings, and thus I'm thinking that smoothies are not far off. I know the Vega powder is packed full of nutrients, I'll have to watch and see if it goes on sale. And, yes please to the VaVaBars!!

    I hope your weekend (which should start in a few hours!) is amazingly restful and enjoyable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks Ingrid! The juicer doesn't get used nearly as much as it should but I love what comes out of it when I do use it :) I love my bento box too, another thing that doesn't get used enough! This is by far my favorite smoothie so I definitely recommend giving it a try! I would recommend trying the individual packets of Vega just to make sure you like it because it is expensive. I get individual packets anyway because I don't use them too much and I like having a variety of flavors. VaVaBars coming up!!

      Thank you so much! I've had a slow moving Sunday so far, just the way I like it :)

      Delete
  2. You are back in VaVa form! I love it. Thanks for the beautiful photos and inspiration. Especially the Salad and Smoothie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks Shen, I'm glad you liked this post! The smoothie was so good, I definitely recommend this flavor combo!

      Delete
  3. Smoothie is so pretty. I love vega powder.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenny! Yeah, Vega is great! Love all of the nutritients packed in there!

      Delete
  4. Gorgeous green juice! It took a long time for me to get used to a very green veg juice but with lemon and ginger its my favorite combo now. That smoothie sounds delicious! I love vega but it is so pricey... I usually buy amazing grass vanilla amazing meal from amazon.
    Your bento is so cute! But please tell me there was more to lunch than that- or that you had lots of snacks....? I would have been hungry still!
    Love the throwback recipes, keep them comin' :)
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! I wish I liked ginger because it's so good for you but I'm just not a huge fan. Vega is pricey but I rationalize it by saying I'm saving money on probiotics and extra greens ;)

      Thank you!! I had some fruit a little later but that box held a lot of veggies! I packed it up to the brim so I was pretty full after I ate it.

      Thanks!! Just posted another ;)

      Delete