Thursday, February 13, 2014

Catching Up & A Review

Hey everyone! Well, it's another snowy day here in the Northeast. I'm going to stay home from work today because it's just too ridiculous to drive in this weather. Also, by the time I dig out and the streets get plowed it won't even be worth the trip in. So I'm taking a snow day today and will make it up on Monday.

How have all of my East Coast friends been dealing with the snow? The shoveling is exhausting but I feel like I'm getting some great workouts for the first time in a long time ;) Silver lining, right? I hope you are all staying safe and warm and not driving in this craziness if you don't have to.

I took a few pics from my bedroom window this morning to show you how crazy the snow was! It got really heavy for about an hour or two. And as you all know I'm a weather junkie so I'm kind of perfectly happy just putting on the radio and watching the snow come down.


Check out how hard it's coming down! The big difference between this storm and the others is that for some reason it just looks so much more beautiful this time around. Don't get me wrong, I'm 100% over it but it was really pretty to watch this time.


The neighborhood looks really peaceful. The flakes were HUGE. Crazy winter we've been having. Every year I say this is my last winter in NY but I'm still here. 

So I've been trying to figure out new things to blog about to keep the blog interesting and the posts more regular and I've decided that I want to do more reviews. Not just on products that companies ask me to review (which I'm happy to do! *wink wink nudge nudge* ;]), but also on products that I've purchased on my own. I have some things coming in that I'm looking forward to reviewing for you and I figured I'd start today with a recent purchase I made and received yesterday,


I've been on the market for a skull ring for YEARS. Every single time I search for one I only find masculine, large, chunky rings that aren't cute or feminine in the slightest bit. I decided to do a search on Etsy because I had a gift certificate from my last birthday and found the ring pictured above and fell in love with it. It's feminine with beautiful detailing and handmade by the shop owner. Each order is custom made according to size and then promptly shipped.

The shop I purchased this ring from is StevenDailey on Etsy. He has great reviews and is located in Winter Park, FL. This was my sign that this purchase was meant to be because he lives in the same town as my best friend that I visit every year. I was sold.

I received the ring in the mail yesterday and it was perfect. True to the picture, perfectly sized and light weight. I highly recommend this shop and if skulls aren't your thing, he has other beautiful jewelry for you to choose from. I'll be purchasing from him again for sure!

So there you have it! Lots of snow and a fun purchase! I'm going to relax before the big dig out happens later. I hope you liked the review! Are you interested in seeing more reviews, or is this a bad idea? Let me know! If there is anything else you want to see more of in the blog please let me know as well. I'm trying to brainstorm a new format to keep everything fresh and interesting so I guess we'll see what I come up with!

Have a great day and stay safe if you are dealing with this snow!


8 comments:

  1. It is a prettier snow than usual. Maybe, I'm just getting used to it, but this storm didn't freak me out like other storms have in the past.

    Isn't it fun to get a package in the mail? It's especially great when you forgot you ordered something.

    Very cute ring. I do enjoy browsing Etsy and eBay. Haven't bought myself anything in a few years though.

    Anything you post is fine with me. Reviews, recipes, pics, updates, whatever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was really beautiful this morning when the roads were quiet and there was nothing going on except the heavy snow. I'm not freaked out by the storms anymore... I think I'm just tired of shoveling and missing work!

      I love getting packages in the mail! I hadn't been checking the tracking so I didn't know exactly when I would get it so it was a fun surprise to come home and have it waiting for me :)

      Thank you! I love Etsy. You should treat yourself to something! I love Etsy because I enjoy supporting talented people with small businesses. There are some really amazing people on there!

      Delete
  2. That ring is gorgeous! I've "favourited" his store to remind me next time I want some jewelery!

    Hope you're surviving the storm!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, that's great I'm so glad you checked it out! Isn't he talented? I am definitely going to be getting more jewelry from him in the future.

      Thanks, doing ok over here :) Hope all is well by you!

      Delete
  3. Such lovely pictures - and you're right, sometimes it is hard to appreciate the beauty! I always think snow is prettiest when I'm inside my house or somehwere cozy. ;)

    The ring is super cute! I will definitely have to check out the store, I love Etsy even though I don't have very much from it. I definitely have a few things on my wish list!

    I'm with Shen - I love it all! And with reviews, I might get an idea or two!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ingrid! Yeah it's hard to appreciate when it's snowing daily. I had to shovel again today and it's getting really old lol.

      Thank you! The store is so great, I love Etsy too. I don't get to search too much because it's too tempting to buy lots of fun stuff!

      I'm definitely going to start doing more reviews! Thanks!

      Delete
  4. I love your reviews! I like reading reviews because I learn something new and possibly find something I'd like to get for myself or someone else. I can't get over how crazy that blizzard looks! I remember tons of snow in Chicago, but for some reason this year seems particularly harsh for much of the country.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sage! I enjoy writing reviews, I don't know why I haven't thought to write more before this. I have a few up my sleeve for the upcoming weeks so stay tuned for those :)

      I've heard Chicago has been getting pounded this year. it has been a really tough winter and definitely has me thinking about moving somewhere warmer before next winter rolls around ;) And I won't lie, SF is on the top of my list!

      Delete